View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 11:25 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Your risk of CTE was established by your hockey and other injuries. They were far worse than bumps from riding in a train or other everyday life activities. If a rough train ride could cause CTE, the world would have an epidemic from the rough trains of the last century.

The only impacts you should be concerned with are true impacts. Falling on ice and hitting your head. Getting assaulted to the head. falling down stairs. walking into a wall or overhead beam.

Everyday bumps are well within the tolerance of the head and brain.

A more important risk is the long term effects of living with anxiety. That can effect your heart, raise blood pressure and other things.

There is a risk stepping out your front door. But, we have been adapting to these many risks since we first learned to walk and fell down.

You will be fine. Give yourself a break and move on with your life.
Alright thanks! I actually saw a neurologist today and she gave me the same reassurance you did and said she thinks my risk for cte would be very low so that made me feel a bit better.

However I have one last question if you don't mind, I've noticed that any time I do any form of moderate exercise (20-30 minute walk, exercise bike, light weight lifting), it causes me this weird queezy feeling and makes my brain fog much worse for around an hour or so after I stop

This is definitely very concerning for me as I have to walk quite a bit every day so if you had any insight on what this could potentially be indicative of it would be greatly appreciated.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote