View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

You can ask for clarification about the specific reasons they denied transplant..
I looked a bit for a list or process on assessing candidates, didn't have much luck, you might find it on the hospital you or clinic you went to..

I hope it isn't a case of bias.. It would be good to ask & follow up for your own knowledge, and if it is bias... That should be questioned..
Your Dr should be able to find out why if they don't know the reasons of denial..

I did find this - you would need to take immunosuppressant (anti-rejection) medications to keep your body from rejecting your kidney.
Maybe that would have bad interactions /side effects with any meds you take now.

I know of 2 people - 1 has been getting dialysis for years, has many other health conditions so not a candidate.. the other is in process prepping for dialysis got a port last summer, but had problems and it is needed to be redone.. He has other health issues too..

Some info - qualifications to receive a kidney transplant - Google Search
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-07-2018), Brokenfriend (02-07-2018), Dmom3005 (02-11-2018), Mari (02-07-2018), mymorgy (02-07-2018), OhKay (02-08-2018)