View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes, there are some devastating stories. Most of the tragedies you have read about have suffered thousands of subconcussive impacts or dozens of serious concussions. But, there also many who have endured the thousands of subconcussive impacts or dozens of serious concussions and never suffered any long term effects.

We have a local man who was just inducted into the National Football League Hall of Fame at 83 years old. He was an offensive lineman, one of the most violent positions in football. He is clear headed and speaks with dignity.

I am 63 years old. I suffered a severe concussion in 1965. I have struggled with persistent concussion symptoms ever since. I graduated from high school with honors despite a challenging year after a concussion from soccer. I have had successful businesses.

If you have the math skills to get a masters, your brain is doing far better than mine was doing in college.

Find a way to retrain your thoughts to stop these irrational obsessions. Get on with your life. If you find you ever have a struggle, find a way to work through it rather than let it take control of your life.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote