View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 02:43 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Almost every concussion symptom can be caused by anxiety. In fact, the researchers have documented that people who have anxiety issues will have more and longer lasting symptoms. They attribute this to anxiety, not physiological concussion symptoms. They can use anxiety profiles to predict outcomes.

There is a syndrome where the mind has memorized actual physiological symptoms and anxiety can trigger these memorized symptoms to manifest without any physical trigger. It is basically a PTSD flashback response.

There have been many here on NeuroTalk who think they can identify PCS vs anxiety but when they finally get proper anxiety therapy, the 'PCS' symptoms resolve.

Have any of your doctors suggested adding nutritional therapy to try to help your brain work better? The Vitamins sticky at the top has some good information in the first post and a link to a later updated post. A month or two of a good brain health vitamin regimen can do wonders.
Thanks! that's something to think about. I didn't realize the symptoms could be so spot on with an anxious and memorized response. I did read the vitamin section. unfortunately my doctors didn't suggest much except say what I was taking already was good when i mentioned it. No extra help from them. I take a fish oil, vitamin D, and b complex but do not take a high dose of b12. I may look into that as well as more vitamin C.
cjaillet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote