View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 01:52 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I don't know as i have ever posted, but your little update prompts me to. I find I'm always looking for that reassurance that my neuropathy won't send me into years of misery. This may help another, even for a night's sleep 💤:
In 2015 I felt an odd "numbish" sensation near my ankles. I was living through a time of UBER anxiety and choked it up to nerves- not unheard of. Continued w the growing numbish sensates and pooh poohing for about a year when doc said- ""Sounds like neuropathy," (didn't help the anxiety!)
I received a confirmed diagnosis in 2016- Idiopathic Long Fiber Axonal Neuropathy (to date can't believe I can remember that whole thing) and was told that I likely have autonomic and motor neuropathy to boot. I had also begun with the burning.
Today, two and asked half years later, the burning is gone but I THINK the numbish thingy is growing- albeit sooo slowly… I have a little electrical zap every now and again.
As I've read over and over, I have no idea where this is going. My anxiety about it is mostly in check, I take boatloads of the supplements most commonly recommended in the sticky notes.
Wanted to add these random, (not SO frightening) notes to those new to this adventure.
Numbish feet always, calm tonight, tomorrow- ???
And there ya go.
cjc54 (02-21-2018), ElaineD (02-14-2018), janieg (02-16-2018)