Thread: Going backwards
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 02:41 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Going backwards

First, I would like to say that I cannot imagine how difficult it must be suffering from PCS. I am merely trying to help and provide support and my heart is breaking to witness the suffering, both physical and emotional, this continues to cause.

I am trying to make this easier somehow, find answers, anything really to somehow help my dear friend. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, please feel free.

Ok, so, my friend had a bicycle accident in April 2017. He spent three days in the hospital diagnosed with a concussion. He has gone through months of vertigo, nausea, and horrible headaches.

Things seemed to be going in the right direction here recently. His vertigo finally stopped and the headaches have lessened. He still has some slight balance issues, his gait is just somehow off different. He also sometimes stutters a bit and cannot always find the words he wants to use. I have assumed that these are all symptoms of PCS and will too go away with time.

He has caught the flu and is now having some of the old symptoms return and a new one. Tonight he could not figure out how to use the phone through his computer, which he has done for at least a year. He just could not figure out how to do it. He knew that he should know but just could not do it. He has fallen a couple times because his balance has gotten worse. He appears to struggle with most movement. At this point I do not know if it is the flu, the PCS, both?

Getting him to go to the Dr. well, that's a whole other support group! I don't know how to help him. On top of being terribly ill with the flu, now these symptoms too! He is scared, frustrated, depressed, and just wants to be himself again.

Is this normal? Any advice? Anything I can do to make this easier for him?

Thank you so much for your time.

Last edited by Kitty; 02-10-2018 at 08:15 AM. Reason: spacing added for ease of reading
VICKIJO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote