View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 12:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuckl View Post
I had this brain sensitivity problem really bad. Others in the past have had it too. Based off of me reading about 5-10 people having it, it appears to go away in time as brain functionality increases.

It's not far fetched to believe a brain gets "sensitive" to impacts post-concussion. I don't want to scare you, but second-impact syndrome is very real. You're well out of the stages of the severe reaction IMO, but it's rational to think that your brain is still able to be irritated by non-concussive movements/impacts.

I do suggest a nutrient regimen (diet and supplements) to speed up healing.

Over time, you should find that your ability to tolerate movements improves. Yes, the setbacks/symptom flare ups suck, but your prospects are good.

The neck injury theory is something to consider too. That can cause all of the same symptoms. Neck injuries are no joke and need to be taken seriously.

You could have one or the other (neck or brain) OR both going on.
Thanks for the response. I definitely think one of the worst symptoms of pcs is constantly having to be on high alert to protect your head and monitoring every movement, I miss not worrying about this kinda stuff and being able to casually play sports or rough house with my friends without even giving it a second thought.

And yah I thought about second impact syndrome but I'm guessing I would've had to have had some pretty violent symptoms for that to be concern. Still though is there anything I should look out for? My headaches are not too bad but my scalp feels pretty tender and sore, almost like theres a bit of inflammation. Unfortunately I have a busy day tomorrow but I'll be able to take it easy Friday and on the weekend so I'm hoping I'll get back on track soon enough.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote