View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:57 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hey Ben, I just made a very similar post to yours. I'm not really sure how to manage the setbacks from a physical perspective other than resting. I understand the anxiety that comes along with this type of incident and how difficult it can be.

One thing that I've found quite helpful from a psychological perspective is to try to find a way to give meaning to the pain/suffering, whether it's physical or mental.

I've realized that my concussion experience has made me stronger and is going to lead to a happier and more productive life once I recover. I've become extremely motivated to get to work on some creative projects that I've put off for a long time.

It can also be helpful to make a positive change after each setback and see that without the setback, you wouldn't have made this change that will be very beneficial in the long run.

After one setback, I made the decision that I was going to get extremely serious about getting my diet on track. I've been eating very well and don't want to eat bad food because I want the setback to continue to have meaning.

After this recent setback, I made the decision that I was going to get really strict with my OCD and anxiety therapy as well as meditate twice a day without fail.
jtoronto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote