View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 06:43 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoronto View Post
Sounds like a challenge to juggle stuff with PCS going on. I was doing some soccer warm ups with a friend and was jogging backwards and fell and hit the back of my head on the ground. How did you get yours? I see you're a fellow Canadian. Montreal is a great town.
Thanks, ditto about Toronto, I have a lot of family there and i always love visiting the city. I'm sorry about your accident, it's unfortunate.

For me, I most likely had a couple of undiagnosed concussions from doing crazy stuff as a kid but if they even were concussions they were minor ones that didn't really affect me (as far as I can tell). In 2016 I had my first diagnosed concussion by taking a hard hit to the head in a hockey try out. The symptoms were really bad and I sat out hockey and basketball for 6weeks or so but I eventually was back to normal pretty much(though still with I few lingering symptoms which I ignored) and went back to full productivity: basketball, hockey, school, student council, running a business, social life. Unfortunately though, over the course of the year into the summer I took a handful of smaller head hits in hockey and basketball which I never reported to anyone and that individually would probably have been no big deal but given my history added up to send me into the hell of pcs and anxiety that I'm currently living in.

I was honestly just really uneducated about concussions and how dangerous they were. If I knew what a know now I would have taken these events much more seriously and probably would have quit hockey a lot earlier. I frequently get mad at myself for not taking my recovery seriously enough and treating my brain like **** all these years. I often get depressed and feel like I've permanently messed my life up. I used to be so active and have such a fulfilling life and now I've had to strip that down to the bare minimum I can handle and like I said in my first post, it hurts to even do stuff like walking some days.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote