Thread: My mom... :(
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 05:54 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I’m truly happy that my words could be of some comfort to you. One of the hardest things about grieving is that people expect you to be ok rather quickly and its hard to feel understood. The only people that really understand and get it are people that have been where you are now. I had my brother and sister to talk to and we all understood how deep, painful and life changing our mother’s death was. I also had my husband and he was (and still is) amazing in his support with her death. I think that one of the best things you can do is find a grief support group either online or in person. Grieving is like belonging to a special group and only other grievers really understand what you are saying and feeling. I’ve had people say some pretty bad things to me about my mom’s death e.g. “oh, you’re not over that yet?” because they think its like the movies, you cry a little and poof it’s over. Someone who has walk or is walking the road you are now on knows different.

In my experience the grief, pain and sadness has changed. It’s different now (our mom has been gone for four years) than it was when she first passed. We still have overwhelming days where we miss her so much and the tears come. My sister will call me in tears because she wants to talk to our mom and can’t. My brother still gets sad because he wants her here with us. I still cry and my heart still hurts. One of the things that has helped us is knowing that our mom would never want us to be in so much pain and if she were here she would tell us “come on now, wipe those tears away, everything is going to be alright “. So, we try to live a good life and find joy where we can because that’s what she wanted for us. I have no doubt that’s all that your mom wanted for you as well.
To be happy, content and at peace.

Be good to yourself and take care of yourself. Breathe in and breathe out. Know that you are not alone. Surround yourself with supportive people.

I just wanted to add that my sister suffers from chronic depression as well. She started using CBD from the marijuana plant about two years ago. CBD will not cause you to experience a euphoric effect, or “high.” because CBD is not psychoactive. It has really helped her with depression and she is no longer taking antidepressants. I don’t know if its available where you live but maybe its worth a try .

Last edited by Alice P; 02-17-2018 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Adding information
Alice P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (03-20-2018)