View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Patrick,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I don't think you problem is as much cranial sensitivity as upper neck sensitivity. You describe vertical impacts and movements/vibrations as causing problems. The joint between C-1 and your skull can be out of place, injured, have weak ligaments, or other instabilities. C-1 to C-2 can also be messed up. These can cause head aches and other PCS symptoms. I bet you have tender spots at the bony part behind your ears. This is a common symptoms of an upper neck injury.

I suffered a vertical compression cervical vertebra injury with concussion that cause a wide range of PCS symptoms.

There is no quick fix to an upper neck injury. Some gentle traction with gentle manipulations to mobilize this area may help. You will also need to be very disciplined with neck posture, especially during rest and sleep.

You may also have other spinal problems that cause your spine to be stiff and not absorb foot plants. Spasming muscles along the spine can overcome the ability of your spine to absorb bumps. I find it helps to roll my shoulders forward, especially when riding in the car on a bumpy road. This spinal curve creates more ability to absorb vertical impacts.

Maybe your physiotherapist can help you with some exercises to loosen up spasming muscles and strengthen the ligaments. I would be very cautious about any cranial-sacral therapy that tries to manipulate your cranial plates.

btw, MRI's will not usually show the strain injuries from a vertical impact. Unless the radiologist has expert skills at measuring vertebral alignment, the MRI report will be normal. In fact, studies show that vertebral imaging has very little correspondence with symptomology. People with abnormal images can have no symptoms as much as people with normal images have severe symptoms. There are issues with spinal injuries that are not measurable with imaging.

So, try to get your spine healthy. Expect improvement to take weeks if not months. The soft tissue of the spine is slow to heal.

My best to you.
Mark what do you mean when you say the spine is stiff and can't absorb foot plants? Are you saying that since the spine may be stiff the impact is not being absorbed and is litteraly jarring the brain? Just asking since I experience this issue and hard foot plants/missing a step can sometimes aggravate my symptoms and make me feel sick and foggy for a bit. It also sometimes causes an impact I can feel in the top or back of my head.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote