Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update time! I had my appointment this morning and it went great except for on tiny disastrous thing (that I'm laughing about despite the pain so it's ok if you do too). I got my release back to work, no need for more PT, and Dr is very happy and excited about my progress. Wants to try the treatment for my upper body but wants to wait a while and see how things go especially with my return to work and everything and I am very happy with that plan. Dropped off my work release at my employer and now just have to wait for a call from HR to see what happens next.

So...ready to hear about my disaster? There we are, talking about how well I'm doing, what accommodations I would need at work, etc...all happy things. He asks me to get on the bed so he can take some measurements. I turn around, take one step, and trip over a small step stool that was against the bed. I crash to the floor with both knees full force hitting the tile. My chin hits the basket of the blood pressure machine. Doctor catches me under the arms so I didn't also face plant. And...I broke a nail. My right knee just stopped bleeding an hour ago (this happened 8 hours earlier). I'm going to have some real pretty bruises on both knees and my neck. It's just so...typical. thankfully (I guess) the left knee is bruised but actually doesn't feel too bad (that's my RSD leg) and the right knee is the one that hurts really bad (my "good" one). It hurts...but darn if that isn't just...typical. Real graceful, huh?

BUT despite that I had a really warm reception from my coworkers when I stopped in with my release and I am just kind of on an emotional high wi th how happy I am right now in the moment. So happy with how far I've come even though it was so much hard work to get here. I really feel like everything is going to be ok...hard work...but that it will turn out ok.

Thank you guys for always listening to me, supporting me, and understanding. I know this support is what helps keep me going even in the darkest times.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (03-08-2018), RSD ME (02-25-2018)