View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
Barb, I'm glad I saw this. I was on BT this morning,then shut my 'puter off to walk the dogs,came back & poof.....this was over an hour ago. Thank goodness I do have email addresses now for some of my cyber friends!

If this is another crash I'm bailing,and so will everyone else. I don't pretend to be computer literate,and I've been faithful to BT,but this is so frustrating! I didn't even know you could auction off a website! And there are some people really in need of support right now....I sure hope they come here. If this is a crash of some kind I guess I'll just have to share my words of wisdom here more often! (I found it too time consuming to be both places plus all the other forums I'm on).

Later,Buttons
Buttons, that's why the person(s) that bought the domain name got so much money for it, because of the goodwill still attached to the name.

To make a website, you need three things: (1) a domain (which you purchase from a company that lets everyone in the world know where you are) and makes sure that no one else uses that same domain name; (2) a concept; and (3) a server (a place to physically locate all the content of your website).

John Lester gave up the BrainTalk.org domain and went over to the HastyPastry.net domain about a year ago.

Domains are pretty cheap, unless you're buying one that already exists and has goodwill attached to it.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote