Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Corey has a very good job, and his company does drug testing, but they don't really do it. If they did test him, or he ever got pulled over, he would definitely still be drunk some mornings... and he knows he goes to work smelling like alcohol sometimes. But the potential consequences are not enough to get him to stop because he's a hard core alcoholic, and he doesn't want to stop/isn't ready to.
He hasn't had a drink since Tuesday tho. So, obviously he has been thinking about his problem. I hope he starts to make changes that stick this time.

I was thinking about his recent struggles yesterday, and I started to wonder if he's drinking heavier more often out of anxiety/worry about my health problems. He suffers from an untreated anxiety disorder and depression (and maybe more). I'll have to find a good time this weekend to talk to him about it. If that's what's going on, maybe bringing it into the light will help him deal with it better.

Bobby, I have calcium deposits in my kidneys that are different than kidney stones. The condition is called nephrocalcinosis. I don't know what is causing it. I see a new nephrologist March 5th (the other one doesn't know his ***** from his elbow). Hopefully he can figure it out, it's not something bad, and my prognosis is good. They treat the condition that is causing the calcium deposits. The calcium deposits usually don't go away.

Yesterday I was in and out of the laundromat in about 2 hours
That's how it should be!!! It wasn't terribly busy, and less things were broken. Yesterday was the first time in a long time that doing the laundry went smoothly

I see my pdoc this morning, and then I'm going to have my hair cut. I can't remember the last time I blow dried my hair, so I'm going to have my hairdresser do it for me this time (I usually don't bother with that) so Corey can see how I look. Then I'll probably put it back up lol.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-23-2018), Dmom3005 (02-23-2018), mymorgy (02-23-2018)