View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 12:44 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default That is the question for me too

I have been following this post closely as that is my constant question. Rest or push myself? I've been to doctors, neurologists, neuropsychologists, cognitive therapits, physical therapists, ordered several books, listened to several podcasts and documentries, and what I've determined is the brain is still very much new territory, the "final frontier" in medicine if you will...and anyone that pretends to have all the answers is naively misinformed. The most frustrating theory to me is the theory that says if you still have symptoms after a couple months- it's anxiety or depression. This has not been proven. This is to sell anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication...pharmaceuticals benefit from this theory. IF those drugs help you, great! But they are not a quick "fix" and many people cannot handle the side effects. From my experience and research, I think it's a balancing act. Stay as active as you can without activating symptoms. The "suck it up" "It's all in your head" theory can prolong recovery.
LettingMyLightShine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote