View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
I have seen her on Top Gear
Exactly!

It would lead me too far off topic but I have pictures of her in Scottish outfit pretty drunk with my other Scottish friends & me. Anyway, ahem. The foolish things you do.... go out in her bar (she used to have one, her parents still have a hotel over there) until 6 AM, and be at the Ring entrance at 9 AM, not entirely sober, for an early lap. In hindsight it gives me the creeps...

Over here we have a cold snap - late and unusual - but it does not seem to affect my PN. On the contrary, my wife and I were talking about feet & socks & stuff last night and I noticed that I could once again fully bend & stretch my big toes, several times, with no problem. Big deal, you'd say, but 4 years ago one of them wouldn't even move: it would curl/cramp upwards sometimes (very painful) and that's it. The other one would bend down about 3mm (with lots of effort and pain). For me personally proof that there is still some nerve healing going on after more than 5 years.(!)

When you wear slippers, you often "control" them with your big toes, to prevent them from falling off when you sit down (try it). First 2 to 3 years it was "plunk" all the time - shoe dropped.

Finally, my adventures in the non-profit world went from 0 to 60 mph very fast; sometimes one phone call IS enough to open up a world of opportunities. I'll give some more details in a few weeks, but it's big, and it's going to help a lot of people struggling with addiction with no idea how to get out of it. I'm knee deep in it, and for the long haul, that's for sure. I've had to practice saying "no" quite a few times already - as I also don't want to overdo it.

As much as I didn't mind being the "houseman", it is extremely satisfying to have a purpose outside of your home again, especially when you know it can/will make a difference for a few (or many) people. The fact that it doesn't come with a salary (yet) is a detail in the grand scheme of things.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (02-24-2018), PamelaJune (02-24-2018)