View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been out for lunches and dinners more in this past fortnight than I have in the last 2 years (excluding the anniversary week). It goes with the job, I had forgotten how much going out was associated with it

Today I’m in a lot of pain, my back is aching from sitting on an uncomfortable pub outdoor dining chair & having to lean in to hear my girlfriends talk last night. I drove & had a small glass of prosecco, but wow, the pressure on me to not drive so I can drink next time... not only my family, but it seems my friends all believe I gave up alcohol for DB. It was my choice. An odd glass of wine here & there is enough for me, I have no desire to “get drunk or tipsy” yet here they are making plans for me to sleep over, or take Uber’s next time. Very sweet & kind of them but I know the headache & pain I will suffer the next day. Too much drink has never been my friend, I get up & dance & move around like I have no health issues. The next day I pay for it. I can’t help but wonder if I must be a very boring sober companion. Anyway, to appease them I just agreed, nodded and smiled away. By 8.30 I had my first “I want to go home thought” with the drinking comments starting to annoy me. I stayed until 11 & was home by 11.30. Don’t get me wrong I had a good time & to see my friends was lovely. Next time I won’t be sitting, I’ll stand! Oh & I will still be driving & not drinking lol.

We signed to put our 2nd home on the market yesterday morning, photos will be taken mid week & it will be officially advertised by next weekend. I had a little cry after we signed. The house & area all remind me of dad & my childhood, yesterday likely being the last time I will go down there. It’s still a lovely beachside town, yachts, cafes, dolphins. Leaving town I had a huge lump in my throat & felt hollow.

So I imagine the drive down south & back including going out last night have combined to deliver the back pain I have... but it was all worth it in the long run. The house needs to be sold, and I must keep up & make the effort to see my friends. They are very good to me
eva5667faliure (02-24-2018), ger715 (02-25-2018)