View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 02:59 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

BenW,

It is very difficult to scroll through posts that use the Reply button on the bottom right that quotes the entire post. The Post Reply button on the bottom left does not quote the previous post. It makes it much easier to scroll.

There is not a magic number for Multiple Impact Syndrome. It is more an accumulation of severe concussions over time that lead to the severe symptoms people like LMLS and I have. LMLS has quite a history of serious concussions. MIS also can have the more severe symptoms like serious memory dysfunctions and such like LMLS indicated.

Ben, Your concussion history and current symptoms do not sound anything like LMLS or mine.

The white matter lesions are imaged with Diffusion Tensored Imaging MRIs. They are just indicators of dysfunction. If they are what I have read about, they are not really lesions as much as they are areas where fluid flow is different than expected. As I said, not much more is understood yet besides the white matter signal being concurrent with anxiety and over-stimulation intolerance.

Over-stimulation just triggers symptoms such as fight, flight, or freeze.

Ben, You need to stop looking for issues that you can exaggerate and use to scare yourself. These issues do not have much application in your case. You risk creating a condition called cyberchondria. This is when a person reads about scary symptoms and becomes obsessed with the thought they have ever symptom mentioned. You should not be trying to expand your knowledge until you have recovered from both your PCS symptoms and your anxiety.

Do you know the old Indian story of the two wolves? Which wolf are you going to feed? The anxiety wolf or the getting better wolf. Google it.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote