View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 02:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello everyone.

I’ve been on this site before and got some amazing support and advice, and here I am again, in another situation!

Trying to keep this short - I broke my collarbone in June 2016 and had it operated on - plated and pinned in July of that year.

After so many months it was still bothering me and the Surgeon suggested I may have RSD ... I was supposed to go back and see him as yes, it is still bothering me, but since then, I had a fall from my mobility scooter onto a road - luckily the traffic stopped!

There was no break to my hand but I was taken into Hospital as they suspected something called Compartment Syndrome ... the following day a rash spread up my arm and they worried about Sepsis ... so I ended up having two weeks in Hospital with my arm in an elevated sling, with anti biotics and lots and lots of tests.

In the end, they decided on CRPS.

I have been having Hand Therapy, gentle massage, mirror image therapy and now my Pain Doctor wants to do a Bier Block .... I’m a tad wary as the cannula will be going in my CRPS hand. (He even suggested that he may have to put my hand in hot water so he could find a vein)

On top of this I have other numous pain problems ....

Am joining you all here for support and also, when I’m feeling in an OK mood, to support others.

Saffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-01-2018)