View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

LMLS,

First, your supplements. The Turmeric is very low dose. The turmeric has only 4 or 5% curcumin so you are only getting 200 mgs total of curcumin. Twice that 3 times a day should be a starting level. I use the VitaCost house brand. It is all curcumin extract https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-ro...ng-60-capsules Sign up for the VitaCost email ads and they will tell you when they have it on sale. Buy one, get one for 50% is quite common. Start an order in the online cart, leave it uncompleted and they will email you a 10% discount to finalize your order. I like the NOW B-12 1000 mcgs lozenges. Vitacost also has a good 5-HTP. I start my day with 1000 mcgs of B-12, 100 mgs of 5-HTP and 200 mgs of L-Theanine. My osteopath thinks this is a good morning start.

Posture discipline is limiting the odd and stretched neck positions, especially when sleeping or napping. A position where you head is looking straight forward is best. I am not a believer in range of motion exercises until the neck is stable. C-0 to C-2 do not self align like the lower vertebra do. No facets to slide back into alignment.

The whiplash of your fall likely strained and stretched the ligaments that hold C-1 in alignment with C-0 (occiput/skull base). C-1 to C-2 also. Any strain to these joints can cause inflammation that can interrupt blood flow to the brain and brain stem, reduce nerve function, and reduce the autonomic nervous systems proper function.

My off hand opinion is most of your problem comes from this area and the blood flow problems it can cause.

Learning to sleep on your back will be good. My best nights, I fall asleep on my back and wake up in the same position. This takes effort to find the right combination of factors that allow you to sleep like that. You should not be going to bed until you are ready to fall asleep within a few minutes. This way, you can fall asleep in a good posture. I did a lot of sleeping in a recliner when I was still learning how to sleep on my back. I could sleep 2 hours in my recliner and get more benefit than an all night effort in bed.

All my PT did was gentle traction with some light mobilization and manipulation. Rocking my head gently and manipulating the cervical vertebra. She would massage and use trigger point/myofacial release to relax the neck muscles first. No painful joint movements. Some chiros are trained in Active Release Therapy or Specific Release Therapy. It sounds similar to what my PT does.

You have more than typical whiplash. The skull stopped moving at the floor while the cervical vertebra continued to try to move toward the floor. This causes C-1 to try to slip to the back of the skull. Typical whiplash is mostly just a hyper-extension of the joints.

I would call your dreams bizarre and stressful. The need to get into the office is your mind under stress. Likely a result of poor blood flow or poor oxygenation or both.

Blood sugar issues can impact sleep. Many of us have to feed our brains to get a continuous night of sleep. If you are waking up 5 to 7 hours after your last meal, you brain could be hungry/lacking glucose. Eating a complex carb or fat and protein or other slow to digest snack before bed may help. 200 calories usually is all I need. Cheese and crackers, peanut butter and crackers, a piece of sliced turkey with cheese, and such help me sleep longer.

My injury caused me to slow down and also to be more aware of others who I previously discounted as lazy or lacking direction. Understanding mental processing struggles from the inside has given me a better perspective on how others function. I am now somewhat intolerant of impatient and overly driven people. Slow down, get and life and enjoy it. I know God has allowed me to impact a few lives because of my struggles. My signature "Be still...." refers to Stop striving and listen to/for God.

What big nowhere do you live in the middle of? If you have to drive so far, maybe I can help you find better help in one of those distant cities.

The Hashimoto's could cause some metabolic challenges as your metabolism may cycle through the day as your synthetic thyroid meds rise and fall. I'm just wondering....

Please consider the 5-HTP. It is fast acting if your brain is serotonin and melatonin deficient. No side effects unless you take a large dose for an extended period. I can explain those later if needed.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote