View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The different anti-anxiety drugs interrupt normal brain chemistry. Benzos sedate the brain. SSRIs and SNRIs and tricyclic and tetracyclic drugs try to modify serotonin and norepinephrine functions. Brain nutrition and supplements can accomplish some of the same things drugs do without the side effects. Trading symptoms is something one must consider. As a necessary evil, the side-effects of meds may be less of a problem that the symptoms and limitations of unrestrained anxiety.

But, the non-drug ways of reducing anxiety should be implemented first so drugs, if needed, can be at minimum dose. I spent 14 years on an SSRI. It resolved one serious issue but caused a few others. I am glad to be off and function much better even though I still have over-stimulation issues.

Each drugs has discontinuation data in the literature. It shows how many discontinued the drug because the side effects were not tolerable. Sexually active people might find the bedroom turning into no man's land because of what some drugs do to sexual functions.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote