View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:55 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Swallowing and yawning aggravates symptoms

I keep swallowing a lot of the time and it's hard to stop. The only way to stop is to distract myself from thinking about it. I guess it is related to my anxiety/OCD. And no matter how carefully I swallow, somehow, my symptoms increases.

For example after waking up this morning, I felt better than yesterday night; less blurry vision, less tinnitus, and not too dizzy, etc.. But after I start swallowing and I do a big yawn it all becomes undone. One swallow usually doesn't make my symptoms noticeably worse, usually it's only noticeable after a few. And excessive swallowing also makes me feel pressure in my forehead.

A yawn makes me worse than one swallow. And often when I yawn, my jaw starts to shake, making it worse because of my extreme sensitivity to jolting and shaking. Mark in Idaho said the yawning could make me worse because it can cause movement or stress to the C-1 cervical area.

I have been to craniosacral therapy two times and physiotherapy three times. After the last CST-session I have been unable to sleep on my right side. When I lay with the right side of my head on the pillow it somehow increases symptoms. Why could that be?

Has anyone else experienced a worsening of symptoms from simply swallowing or yawning? Why could this be?

Why do I feel pressure in my forehead from swallowing a lot?
NorwegianGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote