View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 12:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Mark- thank you so much for sharing that link and the cost saving details! I will order the supplements today, including the 5HTP. I will work on being more aware of my posture. The blood flow thing makes a lot of sense....especially because when the PT does his mild straight stretch and massage- it's so weird, but I swear I feel more blood flow going into my brain....so, you know when you push down on the vein in your wrist and then your hand starts to feel funny from lack of blood flow? Then you let go! That Let Go feeling is how my head feels for a good couple hours after the PT is finished with my neck!

I can't sleep in a recliner at all- as it's not flat enough to alleviate my symptoms, but I am going to work on trying to sleep on my back. I found if I wrap my feather pillow around my ears and then under my neck and kind of "mold it" my neck feels best. I will try some protein before going to bed each night- thank you for that suggestion. It didn't help last night, but I woke up in pain...not from just waking up.

I forgot to mention the xray of my neck showed degenerative disc disease in my neck and lower back. Doc said not to worry about that as most people have it too and don't know it and that it doesn't matter. My lower back has been killing me off and on these past couple weeks and I think it's from all the laying down. I've always been able to walk a lot and do exercises to keep my tummy muscles strong. I had a slipped disk and scoliosis as a child, had to be in a back brace for a couple years, but since then have maintained tummy muscles until now. I can still lay flat and push my tummy muscles to the floor to help, but I can't do any crunches or situps like I used to due to my neck. UGH!!

This here that you said is terrific. "My injury caused me to slow down and also to be more aware of others who I previously discounted as lazy or lacking direction. Understanding mental processing struggles from the inside has given me a better perspective on how others function. I am now somewhat intolerant of impatient and overly driven people. Slow down, get and life and enjoy it. I know God has allowed me to impact a few lives because of my struggles. My signature "Be still...." refers to Stop striving and listen to/for God."

I too have SO MUCH more awareness and empathy for people that I used to write off as "lazy" or "just not trying hard enough". I now know what it feels like to struggle cognitively....never knew that feeling in my life. Every time since this has happened that I pray- I get the STRONGEST feeling of a voice "This is my plan for you- trust me...you'll see".....only thing that has kept me from going crazy.
LettingMyLightShine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote