View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 01:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Attention spine issues - looking for some assistance/support

I was in a fairly bad car crash in Oct. 2015. I was rear-ended by a car going about 60mph, as I was stopped waiting to make a left-hand turn. In the past 2 years and (less than) 5 months, I’ve been dealing with recovering from multiple injuries from that crash. A majority of it now is related to my spine. And I want to get some advice / insight / comments / support from some people who know about spine injuries and pain. Here is what my MRI results have found:

Cervical:
preserved disc height with disc desiccation at C3-4 through C6-7
C2-3: minimal disc degeneration with disc desiccation
C3-4: small uncinated spurs
C4-5: minimal bilateral facet arthropathy
C5-6: 3mm central disc protrusion touching the ventral surface of the cord; borderline spinal canal stenois; minimal bilateral facet arthropathy; small uncinated spurs / endplate osteophytes; mild bilateral foraminal compromise; small annular tear
C6-7: mild disc bulging
C7-T1: minimal bilateral facet arthropathy
T1-2: 2mm right central disc protrusion indenting the thecal sac [membrane that covers spinal cord]; mild facet arthropathy on the left

Thoracic:
mild anterior wedge compression [fracture] deformity at T7
mild to moderate Schmorl’s nodes (endplate irregularities) from T5-6 through T9-10
moderate disc height loss at T5-6, T6-7, T7-8, T8-9, and T9-10
T5-6: 1-2mm AP central disc extrusion abutting the cord
T6-7 and T7-8: minor disc bulge

Lumbar:
generalized dextrocurvature with 1 to 2 mm retrolisthesis of L5 on S1
edematous degenerative endplate changes at L4-5
disc desiccation and annular bulging at L5-S1 through L3-4
multilevel degenerative lumbar spondylosis
L2-3: mild left facet hypertrophy; minimal isolated annular bulging
L3-4: mild bilateral facet hypertrophy
L4-5: annular bulging is more prominent left paracentrally; mild disc space narrowing; mild bilateral facet hypertrophy
L5-S1: left paracentral annular fissure [tear]; mild disc space narrowing; mild right facet hypertrophy with mild bilateral chronic foraminal narrowing

I can ‘google’ most of the terms and figure out what they mean. My growing concern is now about the strength and integrity of my spine. (not to mention the pain ‘volume’ that is adding up) When the whole spine is taken into consideration, along with the damage that has been done to it, how concerned should I be? I’m not even 35 years old - what does all this mean for the future of my spine, short and long term??? And if doctors don’t share my concerns, who do I go to, or what type of doctor??

thanks everyone
p.s. I will mention part of my neck issues are from before this crash, the rest is new
quadbkat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote