View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 04:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Question reply:

well, from the injuries of the crash, i've literally had pain from head to toe. i have a three-inch scar on the back of my head, which still hurts from time to time. but aside from that and the other 'minor' injuries...

i will say first, i do have a high tolerance level for pain. which is a good thing cuz it has helped me thru this. but is also a not-so-good thing as it does mask some things/pain that isn't super strong. (and my 'delayed response' to pain-things makes doc appts really hard)

the pain intensity and frequency varies from location to location on the body. plus i will from time to time get 'random' pains in areas that i don't know what to make of them, so haven't really brought them up to docs yet because i don't want them to make fun of me/write it off as nothing/think it's made up due to 'lack of evidence'. (or simply label it fibro and leave it at that)

i've had four lumbar injection shots, which helped enough so that I'm not limping due to pain anymore. well, i still do from time to time but it's not daily! still have a decent amount of pain in my back/butt/hips, which i figured the shots wouldn't make go away completely but maybe there's more factors/contributors on that. mid-back pain/tingling is the newest one to be 'discovered or uncovered', so not sure on that yet. neck pain not only in the neck, but also causes headaches. (and the random tingling/numbness in hands which is probably a muscle thing - maybe in part due to the spine?) i usually sit on a pillow, pain makes me lean from side to side at times to 'lessen' it, i take a 'back pillow' with when i ride in my parents van, etc....

and it's to the point where one of the first things i do when i wake up is crack my neck, numerous times daily! and to top it all off, i have two MIs! so the concerns grow now that i have become a person with chronic pain!!!! the physical makes the non-physical worse and the non-physical makes the 'rehab part' of things super complicated.......
quadbkat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote