View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:29 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Let me be Frank about CRPS

Howdy.
I'm a guy several years into a raging beast known as CRPS. One arm and one leg are severely damaged. I've learned a lot about the disease. When I found this site I decided to join after noticing that this is not Facebook. No offense, but I think written communication is paramount and so much slang or lack of diction demeans the message. This is important and we as a community do not need to lose credibility or focus due to poorly communicated discussion. The world needs to take us seriously and when they see substandard elocution they tend to dismiss the message. The people, who, I think, can give us the most help, tend to be of above average intellect and we need to make sure they hear us clearly and that our words are understandable to all.

My name is not actually Frank. But that's what you get to call me. I tend to keep personally identifying information out of sight whenever possible, but I have no intention of hiding anything I've learned that may be of use to others who are afflicted. I'm known to be a very generous person with a wide variety of skills and experience. This disease is trying to kill me and I'm fighting back with every last bit of anything I have to use as a weapon.

I'm angry with the disease. I'm heartbroken at the devastation I have seen within families and to the personal spirit. I'm disgusted with flippant doctors and a great deal of the public who only recognize patently obvious signs. I'm disgusted that the medical machine has put rigorous paperwork between our doctors and our care. If I think I can help I am going to try: it could spare someone else.

Knowledge is power and my volume control goes to eleven. Thanks for letting me join.
FrankB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shelbie4u (03-02-2018)