Thread: Lost the dog
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 06:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks guys. I got a lovely letter from her first owner today. Had a very old address for her and tracked it through reverse address to find a phone number and it was still current. She is devastated but not surprised. She thought Bessie would have died a couple or three years ago and has avoided sending holiday cards the last two years as she thought she's hear that her friend was no longer with us and it would ruin the holidays. I wrote her back a couple of hours ago and scanned in a dozen photos and printed them to mail her.

Bessie needed a grooming then ...didn't just have one. She was so "proper "and prim. Didn't seem happy unless she had a bandana on and would generally choose a pink or red one if she had a choice. This photo in blue was David's try at getting her away from the "girly pink". We buried her with her bandanas.

I tried to give all of her grooming stuff and bowls and bed and coat back to rescue and got a letter from the president of the group (there are only 85 of us to serve all of the New England, NY, NJ, PA area and into southern Ontario) and he said the same thing...maybe you'll foster another someday...keep the things.

Blessings on you for understanding.

she loved the snow!
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote