View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 09:54 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

**I hope ** this does not dissuade people from getting checked.

If I could post links I would post another study that has much higher percentages.**

My son was on it for about a year. The concussions affected his hypothalmus/pituitary so he took clomid in addition to thyroid. Cost about 100/mnth. In Canada if its a medical condition the Dr is covered so that was no cost. His symptoms included depression, ruminating thoughts, sleep issues, slight head movements causing increased concussion like symptoms, anxiety, severe panic attacks, didnt like to leave the house ....All the "mental illness" type symptoms showed up at the time of concussion or later on. They are gone now as he has a general sense of feeling good. The over sensitivity to head movement, taps etc resolved itself sometime into the therapy - I cant recall when.

** I dont want to get into a factoid debate. I just want to raise awareness and communicate what I have discovered in my multi-year journey to find relief for my son. If you're not getting better after at least a few months or getting worse get checked.

People should research doctors who do Hormones and concussions and get the lab check done. Its worth the money. The cost for a full test is about 500$ I think. If you want to research some more google concussion and hormones.

The Dr. has my son on:
Vitamin D
Vitamin B12
Fish oil ( the EPA/DHA is very important. google it for inflamation)
Clomid (For low testosterone - Discontinued now)
Arimidex (For estrogen/estradiol management - Discontinued now)
Dessicated thyroid

Last edited by Chemar; 03-02-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: **Admin Edits per NeuroTalk Guidelines
MrPCS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote