View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 06:55 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulmom View Post
Halfnelson,
think you are in another country? My daughter's symptoms are going on 2.5 yrs…with many disappointments in-between.

1. medication has helped--it takes awhile to find the right meds and dosage.

2. acupuncture--helped with headaches and more,

3. stand up paddle boarding-- just getting on the board land not going very far but balancing was helpful. note that she could not get through vestibular or eye therapy due to feeling nausea,but she could stand up on a paddle board.

4. prism glasses to act as a crutch when she reads--she still cannot comprehend but she can read simple fiction books now.

We just got her hormones checked but the results have not come back. I just want to say that she is still getting better. There have been times when she went backwards or plateaued.

keep talking --we're here,
Its good you are getting her hormones checked. After 2 years my son got checked by a doctor specializing in concussion and hormones here in ontario and he was found to be low in testosterone and thyroid. I recall he told me women can experience the same hormone imbalances after concussions also so its worth getting her checked. I suggest you confirm results with a doctor who specializes in treating hormone imbalances and concussions to be sure you get the right take. **. Hormone imbalances can cause brain fog, congitive issues, depression, anxiety, etc so definietly worth getting checked!

Last edited by Chemar; 03-03-2018 at 08:06 AM. Reason: **Admin Edits/NeuroTalk Guidelines
MrPCS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote