View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I guess I can relate to some of what CS says because I am living some of it right now. No, I'm not the PWP, but I am the person who could leave the PWP. But I won't. He would never do that to me were the roles reversed. He is truly a loyal, caring person. And this should not have happened to him, as it should not have happened to anyone who has received this sentence. But life's not fair and it never will be. I am not looking forward to what's confronting me, but I am trying to do the best I can. Some days it's so damn hard. I don't want to get out of bed. I know that my husband would never be this way if he could change things, but he can't right now. And I have to admit, I have said some terrible things to him over these last two years. He has been forced to retire and he spends each day anxious and depressed and can't get off the couch. He is not the person I knew two years ago. Would I change things if I could? Of course, wouldn't we all? I had plans for us. They won't happen now. My brother-in-law just returned from a two-week trip to Italy with all of our friends. I know I'll never do that now. I had hoped to visit my family in England, Ireland and Australia after we retired. That's no longer in the cards. But what am I going to do about it? Nothing, because there is nothing I can do. I made a commitment on October 14, 1972 when I was 21 years old. I'm going to keep that commitment. He's all I've got. I apologize in advance for this post, my mood is somber at the moment.
Maureen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote