View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 07:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Strep infection cellcept

Hi all, i haven't been on in a while as I'm so unwell as always. Things have been horrific. I tried plaquenil for neurosjogrens before December. Had a UTI, went on antibiotics then developed awful colitis. Stopped plaquenil.
Started high dose steroids which made me feel good in Jan. Came down dose and started cellcept. As tapered down from steroids my head did not feel right not did my neck. I suddenly have the worst sinus pain nerve pain throughout my head and neck with severe dizziness confusion and felt like I wanted it all to end tbh. Went to A and E as was so sure something serious was happening. Had no temp as always so sent home with no investigation whilst my neck and head were being eaten alive. Went back to gp who did swab confirming streptycoccal pneuminia. That has invited autoimmunity in my neck and it's horrific agony there now. My A.S is very active but so much going on I'm confused.
On antibiotics. I don't know what to do. I'm too scared to go back on cellcept. This has all made me ten times worse. My A.S seems to be causing alot of problems. Do I just try enbrel again. I'm out of options.
They will not give me ivig again to try not will it help the A.S. There's no one treatment to help it all. Feel like all hope is gone
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote