View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 02:06 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Advise on dating a very special girl with a tbi

OK here goes... I met this girl around 3 or 4 years ago. I had just gotten out of a marriage, she was cute I thought. She doesn't remember that day but I do down to what we talked about and what she had on. I honestly thought she kinda ignored me a bit. I saw her a few times over the next year just hanging with mutual friends. We became closer over time. It wasn't until recently that I really got to know her maybe over the last 6 months or so. I now knowing who she is as a person have become interested in dating her.

She is 7 years younger than I am she is 30 I am 37. She had her accident in may of 2013, crushing her pelvis, breaking both arms and of course the tbi and a stroke. I am amazed by her attitude and outlook on basically everything. Her recovery to me is astonishing. I have done loads and loads of reading about tbi and it's effects. I can tell she doesn't like background music but if it's too loud to talk over she is good. I can tell Wal mart is hard, cooking is taxing, fatigue and memory loss come into play sometimes. She is never the first one to laugh when a witty joke is played but other than that, I feel like she is "normal" but better than that. She has an emotional intelligence that's just wow! When she is trying to make a point she nails in down quite concisely, and you don't want to disagree without some strong evidence to back it up. She is encouraging and always has a lightness about her.

She calls and texts me everyday hugs me when we meet and part. I am used to reading body language and she ticks all the boxes playing with her hair ect lol at this point If I change the way I am sitting she will mirror it. If I brush the hair from her eyes she will laugh slightly and break eye contact. She makes excuses to hang out .... you get the point.

We basically have the same core group of friends. They all comment on how much we talk like hey what's up with you guys. The only other person she shares with the way she does me is her childhood BFF who is a gay guy and lives a few states away. I got the chance to talk to him about it the last time he was in for a bisit and he laughed because he said he had a conversation with her about dating. She told him that she wasn't ready which is why he laughed because he could see how she was being as well. I somehow one night got into a relationship talk with her and she said the same thing. She hasn't been in a relationship sense her accident the one she was in at that time she said they just couldn't work it out. I am willing to be patient but I feel like she is scared. I know she knows I like her. I feel like even if I had conversation about it she might not be receptive. I think she is afraid of being intimate. If anyone has any insight I'd love to get some feedback. Thanks in advance
Kurtis Lowe
Hom3mad3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote