View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
So sorry to hear you haven't been doing well. It sounds like you got off to a rough start with the UTI. I hope you don't think the Plaquenil caused the colitis. It is probably more common that the antibiotics caused this. Although Plaquenil can cause stomach issues, being you were on the antibiotic, I'd blame that first and try the Plaquenil again when you are free from infection. Keep in mind that it takes months to see if Plaquenil will work...3-6 months. It is typically a safe drug...but make sure to follow up with eye checks.

I'm super surprised they started Cellcept while you were having an infection.
Maybe I misunderstood.

Honestly, I'd get these infections under control and try the Plaquenil again.

Before starting Cellcept again (if you even try it again), get your immune system checked...IgG, IgA, IgE, IgM, levels and even IgG subclasses. You need to make sure your immune system isn't already suppressed...as many with Sjogren's also have CVID (common variable immune deficiency).
Thankyou en bloc! I started cellcept before the infection. I will definitely ask to be checked for cvid now. If positive for cvid would that mean you can't take cellcept do you know? I'm actually scared to take that after how bad I've been. It's caused lasting issues with my head.
Yes the antibiotics must be the link. I noticed secind time on them the colitis came back.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote