View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hom3Mad3,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Wow. It looks like you have had quite a time analyzing her. I can't imagine a woman letting me brush hair from her face, not even my wife. I don't know what to read into that act.

When researching TBIs, did you read about how many have a difficult time forming emotional relationships? Her emotional intelligence may be such that she needs to look at a situation and form an emotional response that does not flow naturally. I can't say what she is doing but just know that I have to be rather analytical about responses.

I think you need to make your intentions known. Maybe something like, " I know you are hesitant to enter a relationship but I would love to explore a closer relationship with you. I am willing to be patient as you consider where you want to be in a relationship but felt I needed to let you know how important you are too me."

You risk her pushing back and losing what you already have but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe instead of being so forward, you could try to ask her about how she sees the world after suffering her TBI. Please do not let on that you have been studying her like a lab rat. Let her explain how she functions, if she feels up to it.

Many with a TBI don't even understand their own symptoms or the coping mechanisms that they have developed. It sounds like she does not need rescuing. Don't let her get that sense. It can be a bit humiliating to experience that sense that others see you as broken and needing fixing. Just like any relationship, there is no fixing her. She is a whole person, just not necessarily with the same order of priorities in her life as some others.

Please, let her lead and tell you about herself.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (03-05-2018), Hom3mad3 (03-05-2018)