View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 02:27 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hello Ben,

I really sympathize with your situation. I also had some dreadful experiences with hairdressers, although I also asked them to be gentle. But like Mark wrote you do not have to worry about brain damage. This is probably just a resurgence of symptoms as all of us experience regularly.

You can think of it in the following way: your hairdresser probably treated you the same way she treats her other clients (or even better, because you asked). So, if her movements were strong enough to damage your brain, there would probably be dozens of her clients out there who would have suffered a brain injury because of her. If we multiply this number by the number of hairdressers who are as careless as she is, we reached the conclusion that millions of people would suffer from a concussion inflicted by their hairdresser every year. This is very unlikely, don't you think?

I know that this is very very hard not to worry about these things (I am also very anxious when I have a relapse, so I really sympathize with your situation). But if you want another reason to relax, even though this is only anecdotal evidence: every time I felt awful after going to the hairdresser, I was convinced that I had received another injury, but the resurgence of my symptoms disappeared in a few days. To be honest, I don't think that my symptoms were entirely induced by anxiety, I think there were some physical causes. But it does not mean that these symptoms are due to a new injury.

I really hope and think that you will have the same evolution in the next days.

Very best wishes.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote