View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 09:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
Thankyou en bloc! I started cellcept before the infection. I will definitely ask to be checked for cvid now. If positive for cvid would that mean you can't take cellcept do you know? I'm actually scared to take that after how bad I've been. It's caused lasting issues with my head.
Yes the antibiotics must be the link. I noticed secind time on them the colitis came back.
If you have CVID, then treating with ANY immune suppressors is tricky and must be done very carefully. I have specifically avoided going back on Cellcept and other immune suppressor for this reason. I had taken Cellcept for about 3 months when I got a life-threatening infection that required emergency surgery. Took me MONTHS to recover.

It's just best to know about your immune system before starting to deplete it with meds like this. Cellcept did help me during the time I took it...so I know it has benefits. it's just not a good drug for me with my CVID.

BTW, the colitis might actually be C-Diff...which is VERY contagious and VERY dangerous. It is most often caused by antibiotics and causes severe diarrhea. There is a simple test to check if it is C-Diff. If it happens again, please asked to be checked.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (03-06-2018)