View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 12:43 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Wow, Mark thanks again for your time I sincerely appreciate it! I think perhaps I miscommunicated. When we met I knew that she had a TBI. I didn't know what it meant or what was associated with it. Over the last 6 months of us kind of becoming a lot closer it was when I did the research. We have totally talked about all the things that I found all the things that affect her how, and to what extent they affect her. She responded well she was flattered that I would even take the time to look the trying to understand what she was going through. She said not that many people would actually take the time to try and understand. And I'm totally guilty of that I probably wouldn't had I not had an interest in her. I told her I would be there for her for anything she needed mentally or physically. Funny you mention that I actually did go to a TBI support group without her just to see. I gained some perspective and it was worth going. I'm not trying to fix her I like her the way she is. I guess the point is I know it's out of my hands she has done a remarkable job with everything she has been through. She never gives up and hardly let's anything bring her down! We are past me learning what bothers her and at this point the I know when she hits the fatigue wall before she will admit it. I want her to be happy and have as full a life as she wants to have. These "work arounds" seem very interesting to me maybe she and I can chat that up at some point. I guess my main concern is the mixed signals. I am sure if she didn't like me or thought I was going to hard she would tell me flat out. I don't think she needs me to take notes, she likes to use her cell to record conversations. Then she later transfers what's needed to her notes. I must say it was weird when she played back a phone conversation she and I had. Then I realized she needed to do it and I got over hearing the sound of my voice. I called her after getting the Dr visit text she said she wanted me to be there to "hold my hand and make sure I am comfortable". I am a decent communicator I would like to think. I am not some pick up artist or anything but I do fairly well with women. This girl is super special she isn't like most women. Lol I sound like a middle school kid with puppy love ha! Anyway I'll read up on the work-arounds, in the mean time she asked if I would pick her up from pt on Thursday afternoon. I reworked my work schedule and made it possible. I am rambling at this point sorry and thanks again!
Kurtis Lowe
Hom3mad3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote