View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 04:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks Mark. I will look into a behavioral optometrist. The two Eye docs I saw said they wouldn't have any problems sending me to one but felt the tests they ran with eye coordination and the rest looked good.

I did do some balance testing two weeks ago and up till then, I didn't have much dizziness. They put goggles on me and reclined me back moving the head slowly from left to right looking at the eyes in the goggles. Passed that test and the other was an eye chart where they put hands on my ears and move head rapidly back and forth in small motion while I read. Did good on that as well. The next day I had three major dizzy spells and now it happens often but not as bad. 1 week after the injury, I had one spell but nothing since in almost 4 months which really upset me as I feel I brought on this problem. I was on Clonazepam for anxiety one month and that drug made me sway which is the reason I went for the testing. Stopping it definitely helped.

So we have sound room at my employer that blocks all noise in the plant. I just spent some time in it and I can hear the tinnitus ringing away but the visual problems are worse today being very strange almost like I would imagine a bad drug trip is. I feel fairly normal otherwise today. Some discomfort at the base of the skull as well as some dizziness today (but tolerable) and it seems connected to me.

Thanks for listening to my story. I really feel isolated where I live in southern Colorado as the medical help is lacking and it is hard trying to figure out what to do next. You really have to be your own advocate but electrical is my skill not medical so it's a steep learning curve. This forum has been very helpful. Getting Anxiety under control was the best step forward for me and that decision was based on what I read here. It had a huge impact and several symptoms disappeared very quickly and sleep improved a lot.
Getting better is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote