View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 05:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It has been over six months since my last post. Six months of discovery. It turns out the problem with the repeated dislocation of my knee had to be addressed surgically. On Sept 15 the surgeon worked on my meniscus. So, since June 6 until now I have been trying to rehab both the toe joint that was replaced the knee surgery. The PT has not always been compatible. The bottom line is that i was not able to ride my bike consistently for all that time. What did I notice? Movement: much stiffer body, compromised balance resulting in two falls (I had had none prior), difficulty getting off the floor, general weakness. Executive functions: difficulty following directions (cooking and driving), reading recall, preparing and giving presentations. Cognitive: apathy, getting cognitive mixed up with exec functions, understanding computer instructions, speaking in coherent sentences. (No-one complained, but i could feel the difference. My leg muscles atrophied significantly as did my endurance. For three days in a row I've been back in the bike saddle again, much to my relief. Although I'm certainly not where i was in June, it feels like the ship is turning, even if just a bit.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (03-09-2018), eds195 (03-06-2018), jeffreyn (03-06-2018), johnt (03-07-2018), RLSmi (03-08-2018), ScottSuff (10-29-2018), soccertese (03-07-2018)