Thread: Missed a step
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 07:21 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW View Post
Thanks again. Like I said it's definitely something very promising that I will bring up with a doctor. I'm not gonna go ahead an immediately assume all my issues are hormone related but it's definitely something to look into.

I agree with most doctors having poor understanding of concussions but I have consulted and am being followed by one of the top concussion clinics in the country(they treat pro hockey and football players) and even they said my symptoms are being continued by anxiety more than actual pcs so I feel inclined to trust them given there reputability in the field but like I said I'll bring it up with them.

I don't necessarily agree with your reservations regarding psychiatrist. Sure some will be bad and be quick to chalk everything up to anxiety, give you a quick prescription and send you on your way but the good ones actually do listen and care and will help you figure out the underlying causes as well as recommended alternative options and therapies other than just medication(even medication can be very helpful and necessary for some people).

Thank you for linking thsy article, I am a former high level hockey player myself so it's definitely relatable and gives me some hope.

Also I think I should definitely get an xray done of my neck and back, I've been having persistent issues with it for some time now and I really believe it contributes heavily to my symptoms. Osteopathy adjustments help but the problems are still persistent.

In the meantime do you think it's fine for me to stay in school and keep doing my regular activities while still investigating and waiting on treatments? I don't do anything too crazy but I take the subway or drive to school every day, do quite a lot of walking, twice a week do mild exercise and occasionally go out with friends/gf.

Also how did your sons concussion(s) happen and how bad was it?

I think you should definitely keep doing your activities and school. You're not causing any harm if thats what you're thinking.

About the hormones, I'm just saying get them tested and see where you land. If there's an issue get it treated.

here's an excellent talk about concussions and neuro-endocrine disruption by a Dr who i think is the top of the field!

Dr. Komer Brain Health Seminar - YouTube
MrPCS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote