View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I assume she is doing volitional neuro feedback where they wire up her brain and she practices techniques to settle or control the brain wave forms. With a good therapist, this can be a great system. It gives her a sense of control when her brain wants to misfire. Plus, it helps to realize you are not going crazy. It is just the brain misfiring. Use the techniques and you will get past this moment.

Has she told you or have you observed what some of us call brain farts? The wrong word or some other strange misspoken expression? "What just happened? It stinks. I can't believe it came out of me?" Then we learn to smile or laugh/giggle or just shake our head gently and roll our eyes at the situation. Being able to laugh when our brains mess up is a valuable skill.

I have a saying that I came up with by being funny about keeping track of the score playing ping pong. "I can't pay attention because my brain is broke." Think that one over. You could even use it when she is struggling. "Of course you can't pay attention. Your brain is broke." then giggle with her. If the two of you can learn your pet responses to such events, that shows her willingness to establish a deeper connection.

Just for fun, I have a few others. When I get tongue tied, I will say, "I got my tongue caught on my eye tooth and I can't see what I am saying." Or "I just washed my tongue and can't do a thing with it." Women understand this one.

Sometimes, we just gotta laugh. My wife tends to just roll her eyes. Your lady sounds like a giggler.

The stress relief of laughing at struggles has an important part. It releases brain chemicals that enhance function and reduce stress chemicals.

I think you two sound like you will do well.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote