View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 02:47 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

If kissing were causing subconcussive or concussive impacts, we would have a global pandemic of brain injuries! Try to think of the wisdom that some members have expressed many times on this board: if an impact wouldn't have been a source of concern before PCS, it shouldn't be a source of concern now.

I also get relapses when my GF touches my head or kisses me a bit too hard. I am not sure what this sensitivity is due to (I don't think it is only anxiety), but there is no way it can cause a new brain injury or aggravate the existing one.

Ben, I have read several of your posts and I see that you have come here regularly in the last days with various sources of concern (the hairdresser, missing a step, your GF kissing you). I am not blaming you at all, I perfectly understand it as I have the same tendency and I have done the same thing often in the past. There are dozens of events every week for which I am tempted to ask here whether I sustained a new injury (things as stupid as: brushing my teeth too hard, nodding, combing my hair, hearing a horn...).

What I have found is that, when my willpower is strong enough to decide to ignore the relapse instead of obsessing over the symptoms, the symptoms disappear more quickly and I can usually go on with my activities. I find it very difficult. I often fail at it. But making the firm resolution that I will not let my day or week be ruined by a stupid and minor event is sometimes efficient. And part of this resolution consists of deciding not to come here to ask people whether I should be worried or not.

I am not at all saying that you should stop looking for advice and asking questions, I am just sharing that, in my experience, I am better off when I try to control the thought process that would otherwise bring me here several times each day to ask about innocuous events.

If you want to start a private conversation and support each other in this roller coaster I am happy to do it.

One final word: you could try an anti-inflammatory diet to reduce the sensitivity, some found it helpful.

Very best wishes.
Vania.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (03-07-2018)