View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:59 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thank you very much the support and advice, I really appreciate it. Whats your story with concussions if you don't mind me asking, and what is your daily routine/job now?

I think that's some very helpful advice. I am seeing a cbt therapist and I'm hoping to get some more benefits from that as time goes on. I have diagnosed anxiety/ocd so if cbt doesn't help I may also try and see someone who specializes in treating ocd. I may also start an ssri but I think I'll give the therapy more time before I go the medication route. I've tried meditation but like you I've had a lot of difficulty with it and don't always find it to be relaxing(sometimes it makes me more anxious).

Do you think if we were able to let loose and 'not care' as much, basically just live our day to day lives as best we can without thinking about concussions it would actually help our recovery more? It's kinda depressing for me cause I know that I don't have a choice but to trigger my symptoms every day since I have to take the subway and do a lot of walking and stuff like that. I think I should just tell myself that unless I have a strong direct impact to my head that causes me to see stars I'm not gonna worry about it. Maybe that would help.

I find the unknown to be very scary though. "will the brain fog ever lift or is this just the way I am now" is a really terrifying thought. CTE also, just thinking back to the number of concussions I may have had that went undiagnosed. I guess this is something the medication would help with. Also your self talk recommendation is very good advice, also knowing that I can post here if I absolutely need to is reassuring.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the post, I will definitely Re read it later to try and get what you said completely registered in my mind since my memory is not that great at the moment.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote