View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I never said a bumpy ride could be worse than football. I may have said to not rest your head against the door frame during a bumpy ride. I also say to roll your shoulders forward during a bumpy ride so you absorb the bumps better.

You need to check yourself when you think you found a reason to worry. You read the worst in a statement or read the opposite of the statement.

[Thanks Marc, I had never thought about making a list of every day impacts that I should worry about, I'll bring it up with her next session. ]

I hope this was a typo. I said make a list of the things you should not worry about. Work on those with your CBT therapist. You also need to work on how to accept the facts of life rather than try to manipulate them to fit your emotions.

[I usually just use the "if I wouldn't worry about it before, there's no reason to worry about it now" method.] Did you worry about kissing before your concussion? I doubt it. You have always said just the opposite.

The fact your doctor said she would not prescribe hormones even if you had low levels suggests she is ignorant or unwilling to learn. Maybe she sees you as a cyberchondriac and does not want to encourage that behavior. Or both.

Most hormones will correct themselves naturally but if your are off at 7 months post concussion, that natural correction is slow to happen or not happening. But, as I said, I doubt yours are off. But, it would check off a box for you to not worry about.

From how you are responding to these issues, I predict you will need the help of medication. Others have been in the same position and after 6 months to a year of OCS/anxiety meds like an SSRI or SNRI, they were able to get their thoughts under control and get off the meds.

Or, somebody like a naturopath or osteopath could help you try the vitamins regimen, 5-HTP, maybe L-Theanine and other supplements and see if that helps. It is much easier than a strong medication.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote