View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 05:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The point of having a control group is so the results can be validated to a point of FDA approval so insurance will cover it and doctors can prescribe it. The approved uses are limited to wound and infections and such. Without a control group, insurance likes to call the new protocols 'experimental.'

I've seen the Summit so Sea system. A chiro clinic about a mile from my house was selling 10 dive packages.

The sellers require a doctor's prescription to sell them for home use. What did your doctor use as the reason for prescribing it? TBI and PCS is not an FDA approved use yet.

How do you control the decompression rate when you surface when you are operating it from the inside? 1.3 is like a 3500 foot altitude change. Or do you just yawn and swallow or such to equalize the ears?

Did you do any mental tasks to stimulate blood flow to the brain during your dives?

I've read Harch's claim about the 15 point IQ increase. That appears to be an outlier claim because from what I've also read, mTBI/PCS rarely causes an IQ decrease beyond 5 to 10 points.

I've followed Harch's work and hope his studies would meet a medically accepted standard. When the VA and other military health and rehab entity says, 'Yes, HBOT works under these parameters.' From what I've read, it appears the shallow dives may help more with neuro than the deeper dives. Confirming a standard would be great.

Justifying spending $7500 to $10,000 is tough without some better information.
I got it from a chiropractor prescribed off-label. Had to go one state over to do it.

1.3 ATA is more like 10,000 feet actually.

I just pop my ears, it isn't a problem for me. There is a control valve inside the chamber you can turn in increments.

All I do that is mentally stimulating in there is read on my phone.

I am not interested in what a "medically accepted standard" is, I am interested in what works. I was and am done hearing about how nothing can heal a concussion by these over-educated dimwits called doctors who have lost the ability to think clearly and look outside their medical education for solutions. As I was told early on by an ENT, most neurologists are useless.

Brain atrophy continues up to 2.5 years after a concussion. Had I known about this therapy within the first few months it is likely I would have recovered a great deal more function by now and lost less tissue. I only accidentally discovered it after remembering that HBOT was used for hearing loss and tinnitus by some people and decided to see if it was used for brain injury and whalla!

You are correct, above 1.5ATA the brain begins to resist the increase in oxygen.

Success With Mild HBOT (1.3 ATA)-specific-science-hbot-1-5-jpg

Also on the low end you are going to spend ~$6k. There is more than enough anecdotal and scientific information to justify the purchase for those who can afford it. The alternative is to allow the brain to stagnate or atrophy more. You truly don't have much to lose when it comes to a brain injury.
Attached Thumbnails
Success With Mild HBOT (1.3 ATA)-specific-science-hbot-1-5-jpg  
SilenceIsSacred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote