View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 01:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The house went on the market on Wednesday and we signed papers accepting an offer yesterday. $7k less than what we wanted. $7k in the big scheme of things is not the end of the world. Settlement in 21 days. Accepting the first offer, many will say why, you could have got more. Maybe, but with the tenant moving out on the 24th, I will have had to go down and clean, get a gardener in to tidy up, replace the carpets and curtains and also do some paint touch ups. Plus pay the mortgage without the weekly rental income to assist until another suitable offer comes in. The average time houses on the market for the suburb is 73 days. I think we made the right call.

So all being well the house will be finalised by April 6th and we will be mortgage free. As sad as I am to see the final tie to where Mum & dad lived gone, I am relieved to no longer have the burden. DB said yesterday we hadn’t seen the house since she moved in October 2012. That’s correct & in that time I’ve done everything by phone or email and carried the stress of hoping she wasn’t trashing the place because I was to ill to go down and do inspections. So yes, I definitely think we made the right call.
eva5667faliure (03-12-2018), ger715 (03-18-2018)