Old 03-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPCS View Post
Eva, that doctor in the video treated my son. He is providing his actual observations of his thousands of patients - he isnt quoting a study that could be wrong, skewed. I recall he told my son he would fix him. and he did!!!!! The panic attacks were debilitating as was the depression. 2 psychiatrists and a psychologist diagnosed and agreed he had GAD, severe depression and anxiety attacks - thats a lifetime of potentially harmful drugs and my wife and I were devastated and scared for him. all of this is gone now. we started to see him come out of his shell and be happy and smiling a few weeks into his therapy

I personally know old one older guy 60 a good friend who just recently developed panic attacks and has been depressed for years. I encouraged him to get checked and he was found to have very low testosterone. he is feeling much better now also. I personally know of two other young guys that have been helped also. There doctors would not treat the low testosterone after we encouraged their parents to push their doc to test for it. funny thing is its a medical condition that they wont even treat if they find!

Here is a link of a young man who was in a similar situation as my son. He has recovered now after hormone treatment. his hormone issues were caused by concussions as my sons. the doc that treated my son told us depending on the person even one blow can cause issues and of course other things like trauma prolonged stress etc can cause hormone issues that may not resolved over time.

Concussions & Mental Health in Hockey | Canlan Ice Sports Scarborough & VIC PARK

Low testosterone in men can cause many ailments including depression, panic attacks, anxiety, obsessive/ruminating thoughts, osteopenia ... this is a medical fact. yet I personally know of several situations where family doctors have refused to treat it when found or had to be pushed to even do the tests! we had it happen to us also . i encourage you to read my other posts for more background where I describe minimum tests etc.

if you are in the US you can get testing done privately, in the event you cant get things going through your doc. for approx 50 $ your son can get an testosterone and estradiol tests. I will bet a coffee your son has low testosterone. 2 links for private testing are below. the first has all kinds of good info for men and women. Just remember! You wont get the proper help for you or your son unless you go to doctors that do HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Its a narrow specialty.

Defy Medical – Testosterone, Hormones, Fat Loss, Estrogen, HRT, Low T

Affordable Blood Tests - No Doctor Visit- Most US Cities | Discounted Labs

Unfortunately I dont understand womens hormones since I have only been through this with my son but its the same situation as men just different hormones. The first link above has some good info. dont expect any doctor to even mention hormones unless they are hormone aware doctors. they will sure as heck be willing to give you and antidepressant or anti-anxiety pills however !

Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please be sure to come back here and post any progress or lack of progress in the event it can help others that are suffering!!
I want to say how happy I am to have a interest in your sons happiness and troubles that are not his fault
Many doctors have a tendency on making one feel it’s our fault and like myself at a very you age was always aware of my body
First sign when I started my menses my third child a female after my sons birth suffers extreme hormonal fluctuations just this past Sunday attempted another failed suicide I can’t keep count and has been put on so may antidepressant that failed and actually hurt her she too has the MTHFR dna mutation that will not allow any antidepressants to work period
There aren’t many who are aware of this mutation
As it was found accidentally in a study why woman fail to get pregnant or able to keep it as it be ectopic
The definition used for this finding causing “neural tube defect”
It makes senses with some ailments my children have gone through

My eldest deemed epileptic at the age of 22
Her first grandmaul seizure after a few years in the end found where it was emanating from “occipital lone”
A tube removed only to be blind and were not successful removing all that needed to be gone it being to close to the other areas of the lobes that control other parts of the body
Sad it not to have worked and still in the same place prior to any surgery she is now soon to be 37 soon will be retiring to the hospital for monitoring unit for observation as her seizures are debilitating
My youngest born with a double ureter on the right and the left at 30% capacity at 3 months develop a high fever many test and studies in the end at a year old her first surgery to fix and remove half of her right kidney and still suffered uti infection
Going back in a second time and roved what is called “mega stump”
Again tube related
Point
I having what is called a “Thyroglossal duct cyst” can only be acquired by my mutation
And to find 50% of the population having this mutation I do not know why whe a child is born it be a standard test
Because if positive L-methylfolate is what is necessary to begin
If left untreated can cause many including mental

Depression schizophrenia and so much more escapes me
My point I’m try to make as this is a broad causing problem including hormones be my message
My entire family on my mothers side five of her siblings have
Goiter my mother just recently had her thyroid removed
My aunt also
My three uncles had not gone as far as my mother and aunt
My daughter I speak of now has the mutation
And suffered hypothyroidism
I am floored at the dots connecting as I learn more and more
The interconnection involved and doctors do not take interest
This be my experience here in the USA
How quickly they dispense antidepressants and not hear we have this mutation therefore they WILL NOT DO ANYTHING
You would think they would be interested
Not the case
Have come across two doctors that have heard of the mutation
As it is considered a new finding ten years or less

So bottom line there is something connected here as I think of you boys situation and the similarities that are possibly on the same road
Only to find someone that is willing to listen
Just listen and to connect the dots

You are your boys advocate
Something necessary in my opinion
So glad it was found so early in life
To live a “happy” life
Your information a treasure
And I agree
Sharing might just help that next person who is lost
Thank you so much for sharing your sons experience
There is hope
It’s a difficult road with trial and error
My father committed suicide at the age of 47
A depressed man as I remember
I wasn’t always like this
It all came together as I began going through menopause and soon after the two multi level ACDF failing to fuse a year later PCDF