View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 02:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What a brilliant thread to highlight the ...

hopes and fears of some true giants of the PD activist movement. I was dx'ed on my 40th birthday some 15 years ago and It seems incredible the lack of real progress we have seen in that time both in the search for a cure and speeding up the clinical testing process.

I remember as an ldopa honeymooner thinking, "that was a close one, anyway GDNF / Spheramine or gene therapy will take care of me". How wrong I was, I watched with increasing horror as one after another of my hopes were dashed. Now the cupboard is bare and we don't even have the energy to lie regarding stem cells and the next 5 years.

Just as the hopes for cures have faded so Braintalk2 tried to keep the energy in the pwp world going, special mention for Tom Isaacs (RIP), a real force of nature and true hero. This was the time of the great Poster, people like Paula_w, (see her drug induced posts for the funniest postings in the history of the board), Ron Hutton, Evereitt, Michael7733, peggy, heck even the duck was there as angriest poster ever.

Yet through it all we never really made much difference and this is hard to say. PD remains imho as just a cash cow for big pharma with no real motivation to find anything better than dbs.

Take care,
Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (03-12-2018)