View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 05:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
If you have been approved for SSDI then Medicare must approve a set aside amount in order to close out the medical portion of your case. On the one hand this is ideal, but it sure seems like the best way to comply with all this requires is to use a service to manage the funds and all the requirements, so it's also complicated.

WC law varies from state to state so this does not always hold true. In MA your WC carrier owns your medical care for life so there is no way around their corrupt system.

I once had an IME (requested/paid by the insurance company) with a very well respected hand surgeon. His report agreed with everything my pain doc and hand surgeon said. Once the insurance company saw the report they made him amend it. The main body of the report stayed the same except and addendum that stated he received new information that led him to the conclusion that it was all in my head! I don't know how he can note the color change, etc in my arm, but then state I'm crazy. Apparently I am a magician that can make my arm change color, swell, etc. on demand.

The bottom line is that the WC system in this country is rigged towards the insurance company.
gigicnm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (03-17-2018), bunnehead (03-20-2018), FrankB (03-13-2018)