View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DaleD You bring up a very good point when mentioning your girlfriend who only knows you as a person with P.D. and didn't know you years ago before dxs. I'm sure it would be devastating for a married couple to find out that one of them has a Neurological Disease and it will change their lives forever, not really any different than the relationship falling apart for other reasons. Yes it is your partners choice whether or not they can handle living with a PWP, I think if they can't handle it then they should find a way out, after all they have their life to live too. I wouldn't want anyone to stay with me if it made them miserable. I am presently in a relationship where I have laid my cards on the table just as you have Dale and will let the chips fall where they may. If today is a good day then I can feel lucky that I had that special time with my special friend, but everything, whether it is good or bad comes to an end. We all have to accept that so lets just try to make the best of things right now. Who knows, you may go out the door and get run over by a truck and then you would have spent all that emotion worrying about something that will never happen. Sorry ol'cs I can't take your advice and shut up in fear of being dumped. I don't intend to be a whiner but this is the way it is and if I am living with someone when the going gets tough and they don't like it I'm not going to pretend everything is O.K. just so they will stay. As I said in my earlier post just drop me off at 5,000 ft.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote